Restaurant quality made easy!Next weekend James will be moving from his current apartment into a more comfortable space. Therefore, we spent this weekend packing his apartment. As a chef James has a collection of spices and kitchen supplies and so packing his kitchen is especially time consuming. Since we did not get a change to dine out we decided to make James' killer baked wings, these put a healthier yet deliciously crispy spin on the classic sports bar favorite.
Here is how you can make crispy baked wings:
1. Thinly slice half a red onion and add it to a large bowl
2. Add wings to bowl
3. Season wings with black pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and chili powder
-The seasoning is all to taste, if you don't like something feel free to take it out or replace it!
4. Drizzle a teaspoon of vegetable oil on the wings and mix all together
5. Add a cup of all purpose flour to a large, plastic zip-lock bag
6. Throw wings and onions in flour bag in batches of no more than ten wings
7. Close the flour bag and shake it until the wings are evenly coated
8. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray, we prefer Pam
-Coating the baking sheet with oil will make the wings greasy, that is why use cooking spray
9. Place the wings in the baking pan, leaving a space in between each one
-Dont forget the onions! Fish them out of the flour bag and put them on top of the wings.
10. Spray a little bit of Olive Oil on top of each wing
-We have an Olive Oil sprayer but it can also be lightly drizzled on top
11. Place the wings in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes
Wings before going in oven
12. After 15 minutes turn the wings and put them in oven for another 15 minutes
-Repeat this step until the wings have been in the oven for an hour
13. After the wings have been cooking for an hour take them out of the oven and ENJOY!
Crispy Baked Wings
Crispy wings are delicious but crispy wings dipped in homemade sauces are out of this world! This week James got creative and came up with two impressively flavorful sauces. Check out how you can make these at home!
Garlic Honey Dipping Sauce:
1. Add one tablespoon of minced garlic to a bowl
2. Add 1/2 cup of honey
3. Add 1 tablespoon of your favorite hot sauce
-We use Cholula Hot Sauce
4. Add a tablespoon of hot water
-This will melt the honey
5. Mix all the ingredients
-The garlic will float to the top.
Garlic Honey Dipping Sauce
Red Onion Vinegar Dipping Sauce:
1. Cut half a red onion into small dice and put in a pot
2. Add a cup of your favorite vinegar
-We use white vinegar
3. Add a cup of brow sugar
4. Cook over high heat until it is reduced
-By reduced we mean, cook until the sauce starts to thicken and has the consistency of a thin syrup
5. Remove from heat and ENJOY!
Red Onion Vinegar Dipping Sauce