Restaurant quality made easy!To start off the Fourth of July James' decided to make his delicious Banana Caramel French Toast. This is a simple yet scrumptious way to put a twist on a breakfast classic!
1. Put 2 cups of sugar, 1/4 cup of water, and a pinch of salt in a pot
-To make the caramel the water needs to completely boil out of the sugar
- DO NOT STIR!
-If you stir the mixture it will clump up, which is not good
2. Let the mixture turn an amber color
-Caramel gets hotter than boiling water! It can get as hot as 312 degrees, patience is key to avoiding burns!
-This is definitely not a kid friendly recipe, we suggest keeping the little ones out of the kitchen!
3. After the caramel turns an amber color pour 1/4 cup of heavy cream into the pot and stir
-CAUTION! The caramel will shoot out when mixed with the heavy cream...be careful!
4. Add more heavy cream depending on how thin you want the caramel
5. After the caramel is at your preferred thickness add slices of fresh cut bananas
6. Let the mixture sit on medium for 5 minutes
1. Mix two eggs, a splash of milk, vanilla, and a pinch of cinnamon in a shallow plate
2. Dip slices of bread into the mixture
-We used whole wheat sandwich bread
3. Cook in a pan
-TIP! If you are making multiple pieces of french toast put the cooked ones in a warm oven while the other pieces are cooking
4. Pour the banana caramel over the french toast
If you have any questions about this recipe please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com