James has been wanting to cook soft shell crab for a while however we could not find a place that sold it around town. Finally we found New Deal Fish Market in Cambridge, a small fish shop that sells fresh seafood a few blocks away from the Lechmere MBTA station. Cooking something as delicate as crab may seem like an intimidating task for some yet this is probably the simplest, most delicious recipe we have ever posted!
Soft Shell Crabs is what chefs call crabs which have recently molted their their old exoskeleton and are still soft on the outside. The crunchy soft shell is delicious when cooked!
2 soft shell crabs
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
1 tablespoon of butter
Pan Fried Soft Shell Crab:
1. Buy soft shell crabs
-Ask for them to be cleaned
2. In a small bowl mix 1/4 of a cup of flour and a pinch of paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder
3. Dredge the soft shell crabs in the flour mixture
4. Heat a large sauté pan and add a tablespoon of butter
-We used a cast iron skillet but a regular non-stick sauté pan would do just fine!
5. Add the soft shell crabs to the pan
6. Cook them for abut 3 minutes on each side until the shell starts to crisp up
7. Once both sides are crispy....Enjoy!
For more information on the New Deal Fish Market please visit http://www.newdealfishmarket.com.
If you have any questions about this recipe please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com